Did you put it off?
I know I did. I have a plan for the Thanksgiving menu, but in case you don’t, here’s a last-minute plan. Print out the shopping list, head to the store (and wear football pads, like my friend suggested, and probably carry mace), and R-E-L-A-X.
Download: Thanksgiving Shopping List
Download: Thanksgiving Menu
Bookmark these links:
Perfect Roast Chicken
Store-bought Bread Rolls (just do it, everyone loves them)
Here’s the plan:
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE, adjust these amounts for how many people you’re serving. This SERVES 4. Double it, triple it, just make sure you do it! And remember, you can do this. No one will know you just started planning.
- Make dessert. Set aside.
- Get the chicken in the oven.
- Prep the Kale Gratin and chop the butternut squash for the risotto.
- Get the gratin in the oven and start preparing the risotto when you know you’re about 45 minutes out.
- (make someone else set the table)
- (pour drinks)
- Warm rolls in the oven at the last minute.
- If gratin or chicken finishes first, keep in a warmed (250º F) oven.
- Carve chicken.
- Serve the whole meal, buffet-style, as soon as the risotto is ready.